Render confusion - urgent reply needed, if you don't mind.

Started by jhiker, August 15, 2014, 05:14:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jhiker

I'm rendering an image at a rather large (A0@300dpi)  format - 14043x9939 - it's something I've done many times before, but not with keyshot v5.

I've chosen 'max time,' as I usually do, and set it to 4 hrs.

I was expecting a 'full' render window to open up with the entire image in it and for Keyshot to do it's stuff and grdually refine the picture in real time.
Instead, I'm getting that 'unwinding from the middle' effect which is worring me, especially as the edges of the components in the image aren't straight, but wavy!

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Incidentally, if I open the 'Keyshot material ball' scene and do a render with the same 'Max time' settings it does what I expect - opens a 'full' window and gradually gets better.
I have a Monday deadline so need to get this sorted.

Thanks.

jhiker

jhiker

OK - set on 'Max time' for 4 hrs and the render finished 100%  in 1hr 25min 'unwinding' from the inside.

Can this be right?

jhiker

Chad Holton

Very weird. Would you be able to share the scene? If so, please send a KSP of it to: support@luxion.com

You can send the file securely via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks,
Chad

Chad Holton

Also, just curious - have you tried max samples? If so, does it res up or act like the advanced render type?

jhiker

HI Chad,
I just tried 'max samples' and it does the 'unwinding from the middle' thing rather than a progressive render.
I will send the file today.

jhiker

OK - file sent to support.
Incidentally, I had this message pop up when I created the *.ksp

Chad Holton

Thanks for sending - checking it out now. I'll let you know what I find out.