My interior lighting test

Started by mjb, September 13, 2014, 03:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjb

Taking inspiration from Tim's thread - I thought I'd try a basic set up of my own..and I mean basic!  :P
Plane with area light diffuse set @ 10 watts out side the window - 10 light bounces, 4 indirect bouces, shadow set to Max. All materials (apart from the Starck chair) diffuse with slight beige colour... thoughts?
M

mjb

Ooh this is with photoshop for the light rays (was just experimenting)- Original is the same (minus rays, obviously).
If anyone is interested (not like I know what I'm doing or anything).. but that is achieved by selecting the white panes of the window (select - colour range) and then using radial blur (set @ zoom) a whole load of times and then lowering the opacity down to 5 to 10% ish. Works quite well  :D
Optional: apply layer mask to your rays and then render clouds.. if you want a sauna type of volumetric.

feher

GREAT WORK ! looking very nice. Warm and inviting.
Now create your materials to that light.
Can't wait to see where this goes from here.
Nice tip on the light rays.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

mjb

Cheers guys!
I think at this stage I'll re-make this scene with proper modelling as er.. this was quite hastily chucked together. I mean it's too big to be a bath and too small for a swimming pool.. in fact, I don't even know what it is :P

Esben Oxholm

Lol - I didn't even notice the mini-pool  :D
I'm looking forward to see your new model.

mjb

;D I quite like the idea of a mini-pool! You could fit it with one of those machines that produces a current so you could swim flat out...  :P But impracticalities aside,.. think a new room would be better!