Started by feher, September 11, 2014, 03:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

From another angle.
Enjoy
Tim

DriesV

Succulent.
I agree, we need to see the scene setup! :)

One note:
The corners of the room look pretty dark. Did you try increasing indirect bounces? Setting a value of 3-4 should dramatically brighten up those dark areas.

Dries

mjb

Nah, it looks fine!  :D I think it's important to have a balance of light and shadow... thats just like, my opinion man.

LiteHold

These are great!! Are these straight out of Keyshot or have they've gone through some post?

Chad Holton

feher

Thanks everyone !

Here are some before and after samples. As you will see I did not do much post work. Only to open and soften it up some.
Tim

TpwUK

Excellent results Tim, prefer the versions with painted walls but they all look great.

Martin

PhilippeV8

The only thing that bugs me is the depth of the grooves between the floor-tiles ... they make the floor look out of scale to me.

Fcourse; other than that ... awesomeness all over.

mjb

You running these through Lightroom?

Briex

they look nice coming from KS! But the distortion is really bad, ks cameras are not good for that, so you may try to revert the distortion in post. Lightroom may give you a nice helping hand on that, if you fake him telling you are using a real lens and use a preset value!

edwardo

The overall lighting and GI looks great, much better than I expected... and not even a single light 'speckle' anywhere! I agree with Briex that the distortion is a bit much. V-raay has a setting for straightening up the distortion whilst using a wide lens width (forget what its called or the terminology used). This is why i prefer sticking to the 40mm mark, or thereabouts - shots just look more natural. I might be missing something, and I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule, but are all interior shots not basically mimicking what we would see from our own eyes?

great stuff! Looking forward to seeing your method of comping in the 'outside world' at the window

ed

DriesV

Tim was nice enough to share the scene with me.
Here's my version so far.

I hope it's OK if I post here, Tim?

Dries

feher

DriesV

Looking good buddy !
Thanks for sharing. I understand what your talking about with the contrast. I think that is one of those preference kind of thing.

Since this is a closed interior it's very hard to get a 40mm camera going. When I do either I'm in a wall or it crops way too much of the scene.
I am working a new image I think I have fixed most of the distortion of the camera. I had to turn off a wall so I could back up a bit.
Stay tune
Tim

DriesV

I think to make interior rendering work really well in KeyShot there needs to be control over lens shift, to correct perspective distortion on verticals.

Dries

TpwUK

QuoteI think to make interior rendering work really well in KeyShot there needs to be control over lens shift, to correct perspective distortion on verticals.

+1 from me on that request

Martin