Unable to Animate or Render with Motion Blur

Started by br3ttman, September 29, 2014, 02:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

br3ttman

When I create renderings or animations with motion blur enabled, anything in the foreground that was previously clipped by my camera view now becomes visible to the camera.  For example, I have a texture behind my camera that I want reflected in the product.  If I render without motion blur, the reflected object stays behind the camera.  As soon as I add motion blur the texture now appears in front of the camera, starts blurring up with the rest of the scene and slowly but surely occludes my scene altogether.  Interestingly, I can turn off that part in the model tree or delete it altogether, and yet it still appears in the rendering once I enable motion blur.  Really strange.

Rex

Brett, can you send an example .ksp containing this issue to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks

br3ttman

Ejay

I am having a problem with motion blur.
When rendering with it using network rendering the Slave machines will only use CPU power equivalent to 1 of its Cores. On a Mac when one of 4 cores ( For example)  is maxed out it is displayed as 100%. 4 cores at 25% is also 100%. 4 cores at 100% is listed as 400%. With motion blur on the slave computers will only use 100 to 120%. So if the slave is a 6 core (threaded to 12. it uses just 1/12 of maximum power.
The slaves are basically doing nothing else. if we turn motion blur off the Keyshot rendering task goes to about 370% of a 4 core machine ( 30% left doing other things).

We also have issues with cropped parts where the entire scene turned into a ghost like image and the offending clipped part produced an in close up image in front of the ghost image. (re started the master and started the whole thing again and that vanished ( for now))

FYI. One final note is that the render that we are performing has a lot of objects in it about 20 products. each of which is a fully resolved 3D object with all its components.