Pig Latin, The Space Adventure!

Started by eye-work, September 22, 2014, 08:22:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eye-work

"Away eryvay eepday dnaway foundproay otequay"

Waking up behind a garbage bin one day Oinkster realizes that he has gotten himself into trouble and now he has a helmet with a brain and robotic arms permanently attached to his head. Due to Oinkster's dyslexia, he names his helmet 'Brian'. On the way to his lackluster space-janitor job, a well written story twist accurse which sends Oinkster and his trustworthy sidekick Brian to go on an adventure to save the galaxy. Only later the twist is revealed that Brian is no other than Maximus M. Maximilius (!) a former legendary rebel who was forced to hide himself by uploading his mind into the helmet, far away from the reaches of the oppressive totalitarian government that made their duty to capture and destr...yadda-yadda.

'Pig Latin' is my personal project, main focus was to learn how to pull off a 'concept' pipeline, which devotes time into enhancement of the design vs. spending time on optimizing geometry and unwrapping.

For higher res and slightly more renders, check out: eye-work.blogspot.com

Also, being a struggling-young artist, made me think of something evil -
Thus gonna try something new, selling shirts n stuffs on Society6 (and we'll see how it goes).

Check it: society6.com/eyework

Thanks for looking! I had fun making it~

Josh3D

Love the complexity and that you made it into a shirt design! I'd push the skin material more, looks a tad waxy.

TpwUK

Awesome presentation and modelling skills, but as Josh says, that skin needs calming down a little or needs to be deathly grey with more veins visible to give the condition of a near death existence with his brian residing elsewhere :)

Martin

feher

WOW ! So cool and crazy modeling.
I would have to agree with the pig skin. Get that under control and this is a keeper.
Thanks for sharing
Tim

edwardo

wow, amazing. Does this mean pigs CAN fly?

Despot

The modelling is immense, but I've got to admit I'm not too keen on the materials used - and there are too many of them sharing space on the model - also, I agree with the translucent skin, it needs to be dialled down a tad...

Cheers

J

eye-work

Excellent! Thank you very much for the critiques. Might you guys have information on the topic of making realistic skin? Thanks again!

TpwUK

I did a pig skin here https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,8484.msg42347.html#msg42347 but it's a black wild boar type of skin, let me know if you want it to play with.

Martin

eye-work