Main Menu

Bedroom.

Started by FeherJr, October 02, 2014, 03:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FeherJr

After seeing my Dad do some interior renders I decided that I would try one out myself. After working for awhile waiting the the scene to res. up (Working with an Hyperthreaded I3 on stuff like this is not easy lol). I thought it looked pretty good so I rendered it. The first image is the one i did without any help on the lighting. So many blowouts and speckles and no matter what I did i could not get it to stop. So I ask my dad to help me get the lighting under control and I have to say this is one of my best renders by far.

Speedster

QuoteI have to say this is one of my best renders by far

No kidding!!!  This is hot!  So, what's the trick to getting rid of those "danged" speckles from the lighting?  They're a nightmare!
Bill G

Esben Oxholm

You are lucky to have that kind of help resource in your house :)

Looks great!
The bump on the flooring may be a bit to much though. Try lowering it.

TpwUK

The difference is really dramatic - Do you consider this complete as a learning example or are you going to push it more ? Your dad has advised you well with the lighting. Great job Jr.

Martin

PhilippeV8

Workin on an interio render myself .. so when's your dad available for tutoring ?  Or are you guys planing on making a tutorial ?  :P

Angelo

FeherJr

The trick to fixing the speckles is to give it to my dad lol.
My first render where I tried to light it myself I used nothing but IES lights. I could not get a dome to light the inside. Once my dad helped me he turned on some settings that I never had on (you will have to ask him what they were) and removed most of my IES lights and showed me how to get the same type of lighting with a dome. That removed all the speckles. The walks still were a little bright but it was fixable in post work.

Thanks for the comments I love feed back

Angelo

Quote from: FeherJr on October 04, 2014, 05:34:31 AM
"The trick to fixing the speckles is to give it to my dad lol"

best answer ever! XD

feher

The trick is less is more.when it comes to IES lights.
What kind of IES profiles you use make a difference. Some profile are just bad and produce speckles. I have found a good set that for the most part does not produce speckles. I will have to upload them for you guys.
These are a few things to look at if you have speckles.
1. Environment Contrast too high
2. Material
3. Material next to the speckles. Sometimes its not the material causing the speckles but the materials around the material            that has the speckles.
4. Too many IES lights in one area.
5.  If you look at all those mention above and you still have speckles then it might be a Bad IES Profile.

Light the scene with a dome ! Spend the time to fine tune it. This is a image base lighting software use it that way.Once you feel you can't do anything more with the dome is when you introduce IES lights.
If you turn off the dome and your scene doesn't change and it stay lite then you used too many IES lights. I can't stress this enough. IES lights are just to enhance not light your scene.  You will get the best results using them this way.

I hope this helps.
Tim