Lots of labeling problems!

Started by Simon N, October 13, 2014, 01:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon N

Hi. I'm trying to produce some turntable animations of 4 spirit bottle concepts with labels applied. Some of the labels run around corners so it is proving difficult to apply them as Keyshot distorts them a lot. I've split the label into parts to try and rectify this an it has worked to some extent.

HOWEVER

I'm finding a whole host of problems with these files.

1) Labels are vanishing for no reason when I am running a live view animation. Reloading them does not work, I have to manually go back and add them again (a pain as they are tricky to place)

2) Not only do they disappear they can also dramatically change scale

2) Sometimes they move for no reason or flicker on and off

3) I saved a packaged file on Friday before leaving work and even left the PC running over the weekend to be safe. I came in today to find labels missing, parts have moved and some parts are just gone! Even the simple turntable animation had reverted to centering on the bottle rather than the environment. What is going on? This is even prevalent in the packaged file.

There seems many bugs in this software with regards to labeling, is there an easy way to rectify these problems? I need to produce 4 animations and I feel I'm constantly having to start from scratch with placing labels and I dare not close any files for fear of losing them etc. This surely is not the right way to work.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thank you.

KeyShot

Send us an email at beta@luxion.com to try 5.1. It should address the issues you are seeing.