2014 KeyShot Render Competition Guidelines

Started by Josh3D, October 15, 2014, 06:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josh3D

The KeyShot 2014 Render Competition Overview
This October, we kick off our annual KeyShot render competition with the opportunity to submit your best automotive-related rendering created in KeyShot to win a license of KeyShot Pro. KeyShot is used throughout the automotive industry, from the automakers to the aftermarket, for its accurate paint materials and unmatched lighting capabilities. Shift your automotive scenes into overdrive and submit your render or animation today!

The two best renderings win a seat of KeyShot Pro, 10 will receive Honorable Mention prizes and all will receive the enduring admiration of the KeyShot community! Here are all the details.

Entry Requirements:
Submit your entry on the 'KeyShot 2014 Render Competition' forum board
Create a captivating 3D rendering or animation of an automotive related 3D model
Rendering and/or animation must be done in KeyShot
Screenshots, fully rendered images, animations or KeyShotVR's may be submitted
Ideal size is 16:9 format, 1920x1080. (1100px width minimum.)
Multiple entries are acceptable
Post edits are acceptable
The competition is open to everyone
Team entries are welcome - prize will be transferred to team leader

Additional Notes:
Learn from a Pro! Watch Tim Feher's webinar on rendering automotive models in KeyShot, see this KeyShot Webinar.

For a license of KeyShot without watermarked renderings, email license@luxion.com with "KeyShot 2014 Render Competition" in the subject line. You will receive a license for use in the contest.

With your submission, it's nice to know what work went into your rendering or animation! Tell us what modeling software or other tools are used. If post editing is done, show a before and after. It's always interesting to see!

Luxion retains the right to use any image or animation submitted for purposes of promotion and marketing. All rights to the image belong to the person creating the image and attribution will be given when an image is used. Additional requests for use of render or animation files may be requested of the user via email.

Judging Criteria:
The submissions will be judged on three criteria: creativity, originality and composition

Prizes:
Grand Prize  - KeyShot Pro (total value $1,995)
Grand Prize  - KeyShot Pro (total value $1,995)
Honorable mentions (up to 10) - KeyShot t-shirts

Deadline:
Sunday, November 16th, 2014 (last time zone)

Announcement:
The winner will be announced Thursday, November 20, 2014 on the KeyShot website, forum and social media sites.

Esben Oxholm

Is it allowed to use an atomotive model from eg. GrabCad?

Josh3D

Esben Oxholm

Jimmy

Is it ok to use the trial version of keyshot to enter this competition?

RAM

Josh3D

@Jimmy, you can email license for a watermark free version of KeyShot.

@RAM, please start a new topic to post your renders. Thanks.

Ryno

For the animation, is it OK to use some small bits of audio from a TV broadcast? Just audio, no visuals at all.

Josh3D

Yes, it's fine to add audio to the animation.

Ryno

I mean specifically small bits of audio from a TV broadcast event.

I can think of one source I might be able to obtain written permission, but if that fails are you guys fine with pulling a bite from a broadcast without explicit permissions?

Ryno

Quote from: Ryno on October 30, 2014, 07:07:55 AM
I mean specifically small bits of audio from a TV broadcast event.

I can think of one source I might be able to obtain written permission, but if that fails are you guys fine with pulling a bite from a broadcast without explicit permissions?

Just looking for a quick response on the above :)

Josh3D

If it's copyrighted material, do be sure to get permission, especially if it's explicitly stated that permission needs to be granted.

Ryno

I've been sent my license file, and it has installed as it's saying I have 9 days left until it expires, but I can't save my scene or change the realtime rendering dimensions (selecting a preset just stays at 1024x768 and then checks the 'lock aspect' button). Any ideas?

Josh3D

Hi Ryno, please reply back to to the email you received from licensing to let them know. Thanks.

Ryno

Quote from: josh3d on November 10, 2014, 07:04:15 AM
Hi Ryno, please reply back to to the email you received from licensing to let them know. Thanks.

Got the email, just have to wait until I'm home after work to give it a try. Should be about ~6 hours. Thanks! :)