Main Menu

They have come...

Started by Mack, October 20, 2014, 07:00:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mack

Hello everyone. Here is a recent personal concept.

The ship was modeled in sketchup. Textured and lit in Keyshot. The environment was painted/photobashed in Photoshop.:)

Josh3D

Just saw Hot Pursuit on your gallery. Your visuals are great. Would love to see you take this through the process!  (and definitely share more often!)

edwardo

This is fantastic! Youv really captured that 1950's scifi comic book/novel feel. Usually when I see an image pushed through a 'paint' filter its awful... this isn't! Love it, love it, love it (especially that menacing 'blade' of light sucking that poor fella up!)

Inspiring stuff
Ed

PhilippeV8

I was just thinkin this would be a nice cover for a book :)

TpwUK

Very nice indeed - I have long been a fan of book/album/film cover art - Thanks for posting, I have never even thought of trying this style of artwork with KS, big thumbs up from here!

Martin

Mack

Than you guys for all the nice words. Much appreciated.:)

Here is the starship breakdown. My next one will be  a lot more comprehensive and from the beginning.

Once I modeled the ship in SketchUp. I imported the ship into Keyshot.

I played around with a lot of materials to see what I liked, I knew I wanted a  darker color so the ship felt malevolent. After some playing around I finally settled on the Fiberglass material. I also added a beer material to some of glassy parts.

For the light beam I used a white emissive material, this created a nice reflections on the Fiberglass material.

This was the end of my KS process. I did a TIFF render  and opened the file in Photoshop.

I will let the images do the talking from my PS process.

Josh3D

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Mack