Is Inventor 2015 supported by Keyshot?

Started by bowen192, October 23, 2014, 12:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowen192

As the title, is Autodesk Inventor supported in Keyshot?

TpwUK

Yes it is, but not via plugin for live linking

Martin

bowen192

OK, ta. Just having some problems with importing and since we've just changed over to 2015, I wanted to check it wasn't that.

Is there a plug-in in the pipeline?

TpwUK

Hi Bowen192, regarding plugins I can't answer that directly but one of the development guys might be able to shed more light on this for you. :)

Martin

bowen192

I've asked a few times in the plugin section, but it feels like walking into a ghost town in there.

Would appreciate if you could point me in the right direction...

TpwUK

I'll see what i can do - no promises though

Martin

TpwUK

Made an enquiry Bowen, the issue is by demand. If enough demand is generated for a live plugin then the team will develop one, sadly with Inventor there has been very little interest shown for a KS to Inventor plugin. :/

So the best thing you can do if you want to see a plugin developed is get the guys from your Inventor support forum to start asking.

Personally myself, i prefer the direct importing of files rather than a live connection. Keeping it simple means less trouble for me :)

Martin

bowen192

Cheers Martin.

Surprised about the lack of interest with Inventor, especially with Solidworks so prominent; usually one follows the other.

It seems to be a bit of a Catch-22. Without live-linking you might struggle to attract CAD Inventor companies, but without the company commitment there is no plug-in.  :-\

What is also odd is that there is already a Fusion360 plug-in when the F360 user base is dwarfed by Inventor.

I'll try and drum up some interest.

Thanks again.

cranston

I have at least three users that would like better integration with Inventor.

-Brian Cranston

mike.4life

Hope we can get more people to request the KS Plugin for AI if that is the case, can wait to see an Keyshot Plugin for Inventor.