Live Linking update issue

Started by temujin, November 17, 2014, 12:16:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

temujin

Hi,

When I update keyshot scene using the Solidworks plugin, my materials and position get reset to the position and materials in my solidworks model.

I would like to retain my material and position adjustments in Keyshot when I update using the SW plugin.

I'm running KS 5 and SW 2014 SP4, with keyshot5_solidworks_plugin_3.2.6.

Any suggestions?

Rex

Hey temujin,

Have you updated KeyShot to 5.1.57?

After using the plugin to send your data to KeyShot did you unlink any materials? Are you working in part or assembly mode of SW?

I just tested with KS 5.1/SW 2014/plugin 3.2.6 and didn't see any problems.

Perhaps you can share the file and a step-by-step on how to reset the position/materials? You can send the file to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks

temujin

Quote from: Rex on November 17, 2014, 03:35:04 PM
Hey temujin,

Have you updated KeyShot to 5.1.57?

After using the plugin to send your data to KeyShot did you unlink any materials? Are you working in part or assembly mode of SW?

I just tested with KS 5.1/SW 2014/plugin 3.2.6 and didn't see any problems.

Perhaps you can share the file and a step-by-step on how to reset the position/materials? You can send the file to rex@luxion.com via keyshot.wetransfer.com

Thanks

I'm running KS 5.1.57/SW 2014/plugin 3.2.6 and still doesn't work.
This is for both part and assembly files.
I have not unlinked any materials.

This is how I've been testing:

1. Open file in SW.
2. Click "Render in Keyshot" addon tool in SW.
3. Part opens in KS.
4. Add materials and move and rotate part in KS.
5. Go back to SW and make a dimension change in a feature.
6. Click "Update Keyshot Scene" addon tool in SW.
7. Feature updates but all materials and moves in KS step 4 are removed and reset back to what is in SW.

I can't send files as the files are quite sensitive and my company does not allow sending files out without NDA's yadda yadda.

Rex

temujin,

If you could reproduce the issue with simple geometry that you can share that would be very helpful.

As you go through the process you outlined can you open your task manager and see if there are multiple processes running for keyshot5.exe and if keyshot_daemon.exe is running?

Thanks

temujin

Hey Rex,

Built a simple model and ran through the steps I described.

Same issue.

I checked tastk manager and there was only one instance of keyshot5.exe and if keyshot_daemon.exe running.

I've emailed you the SW part via keyshot.wetransfer.com.

Thanks!

Rex

temuji,

I received the test file and didn't have any issues.

Are any older versions of the plugin installed on your machine? If so please uninstall.

Can you tell me exactly how you applied materials and moved/rotate in KS?

Did you just drag n drop a material from the library onto the cube in the realtime view? How did you open the move tool?

This is bazaar.

temujin

Rex,

No previous version of KS installed.

Just in case, I uninstalled all KS Solidworks plugins and re installed with a fresh download.

Still no dice.

The way I added materials in KS was drag and drop, first directly onto the realtime view and then a separate test dragging onto the part name in the parts tree in KS.
Both with the same results.

Moved part by right clicking on part in realtime view, selecting move, and rotating/moving using direction arrows in realtime view.

Nothing but the feature updates in SW are sticking.

Rex

temujin,

Could you do the following and send me the files?

1. Send over the simple cube from SW to KeyShot
2. Move and assign materials in KS, Ctrl-s "Save" to "initial.bip" in KS.
3. Make the feature change in SW.
4. Click Update in SW (this should cause the error), Ctrl-Alt-s "Save As" to "result.bip" in KS
5. Finally, click the plugin's "Export" button in SW and save as "exported.bip"

Thank you!

scout144

Was their a resolution to this? I am experiencing some of the same problems