Alias file import problems

Started by epoxid, October 03, 2010, 12:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epoxid

I try to import a wire, which I receive an error message. Alias file is created in 2011. The error message is just a demo license limitation or I do something wrong in the import process? Any suggestion is welcome

guest84672

epoxid

Yes, version 2011 64 bit, on win 7 enterprise 64 bit.

Admin

Can you check if the Alias bin folder is part of the PATH environment variable?
It should be by default when Alias is installed.

Claus

epoxid

yes i have something like that "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Alias2011\bin;"

Admin

Try to remove c:\Program Files\KeyShot2\bin\luxion_geometry_wire and retry.

Thanks,

Claus

murtyatvur

Hey there,
I am a daily Alias Studiotools user, I have Studiotools 2010 installed and running on my Windows XP SP2 32 bytes computer ... I installed the demo keyshot 2.1 and tried to import a wire file and I have the similar problem ... I have all the Alias environmental variables running good ...

I am attaching the screenshots of the steps ... There s one step different than "epoxid" s problem ..  But mainly, the problem is the same, that I cannot import wire ...

Mainly, step 1 is my opening screen on Keyshot,
          step 2, I select to import the wire file ...
          step 3 , Processing screen, which never starts to import ( though I wait for minutes and minutes, nothing starts ... )
          step 4, is when I give up waiting and cancel the importing ...

Plus;
I also tried to remove the "c:\Program Files\KeyShot2\bin\luxion_geometry_wire and retry" as it was suggested above to epoxid , but then it jumps from step 2 to step 4 ... So the problems occurs even before trying to start the process ...

guest84672

guest84672

Is this on 32 or 64bit? We just did a fresh install on 64bit, removed the luxion_geometry_wire folder, and it was all working!

Again, ALIAS has to be installed.

murtyatvur

I have windows XP SP2 32 bit ... Alias is already running perfectly ... I installed a fresh setup of keyshot 2.1 demo ... I tried removing the luxion_geometry_wire folder from keyshot, but it's still not working ...

epoxid

ok! fresh setup keyshot 2.1 64 bit over windows 7 64 bit with Alias Automotive 2011 64 bit installed. Admin account. Same result. Does not work.
Are you using something like .NET or Visual C or anything else that would be installed to make the connection between applications?

guest84672

No we are using none of that stuff. Can you check and see what the value of the PATH variable is - this is what we re looking for in order to locate the dll's. Please post so we can take a look.

epoxid

OK, everything's okay, I manualy rewrote the  path for Alias (ALIAS_LOCATION C: \ Program Files \ Autodesk \ Alias2011 \ bin), I wiped folder said. Now everything works. Thanks for promptness.

guest84672

Ah - good! That is the glitch. There are 2 folders - luxion_geometry_wire and luxion_geometry_wire64. You need to remove the one that is not corresponding to the ALIAS version you are using, i.e. if you use ALIAS 64bit then remove luxion_geometry_wire or vice versa.

Hope this makes sense. Will be fixed in the next update.

Brian Townsend

Here is an image for reference. Hope this helps!

Brian