Peugeot 508 // The Getaway

Started by Esben Oxholm, November 03, 2014, 04:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esben Oxholm

Hi. Here's my entry for the contest.
Rendered in KeyShot and post edited in Photoshop.
Used VirtualRig to blur the backplate.
Model from: http://www.viz-people.com/portfolio/free-3d-models-cars/

Post editing:

edwardo

haha, thats fantastic!!  :D

Its a bit of a crap getaway car, so it must be a Luc Besson film or Remmé Julien - they both opted for 'ordinary' cars. Ha, I just noticed the driver - brilliant. I hope he gets away!

Nice work
Ed

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: edwardo on November 03, 2014, 05:05:03 AM
haha, thats fantastic!!  :D

Its a bit of a crap getaway car, so it must be a Luc Besson film or Remmé Julien - they both opted for 'ordinary' cars. Ha, I just noticed the driver - brilliant. I hope he gets away!

Nice work
Ed

Thanks, edwardo!
I'm glad you noticed the driver. I had troubles getting him visible enough without looking unnaturally bright :)

PhilippeV8

I love a Luc Besson film.  Where's the white taxi ?  He's gonna get away for sure without the white taxi :)

... or is that Petra on the bike ?  Then he has no chanse, lol.

edwardo

"Taxi" is awesome..... just never, EVER watch the dodgy American version with Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifa!

Esben, The more I look at this, the more I like it. Did you use keyshot motion blur on the wheels (they look great)? Also, did you put motion blur on the hdri dome too? the reflections look nicely blurred to match the backdrop. I haven't tried to put blur on an environment yet with virtual rig - looks awful fiddly!

In some of the images in your GIF animation, it seems too light under the front passenger side wheel (my only criticism)

Overall, it makes me want to get up to some 'ill sh!t' and get chased off the cops, just for kicks. Not many shots evoke that feeling.

feher

Esben,
Love it. Really nice work and presentation !
Color pallet works well everything seems to fit nicely.
Its a keeper in my book.
Tim

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: edwardo on November 07, 2014, 04:15:08 AM
"Esben, The more I look at this, the more I like it. Did you use keyshot motion blur on the wheels (they look great)? Also, did you put motion blur on the hdri dome too? the reflections look nicely blurred to match the backdrop. I haven't tried to put blur on an environment yet with virtual rig - looks awful fiddly!

In some of the images in your GIF animation, it seems too light under the front passenger side wheel (my only criticism)

Overall, it makes me want to get up to some 'ill sh!t' and get chased off the cops, just for kicks. Not many shots evoke that feeling.

Thanks a lot! Yup, it is the built in motion blur. I really like the outcome as well.
I do only have the light version of VirtualRig, so it was not possible for me to use that software to blur the hdri. Instead I went in and figured out what part of the dome was hitting the car, and applied a hint of motion blur in photoshop that suited the direction and angle of the car. It took a few tries, so I'm really glad you think it looks good.

Yeah, the shadow came out a bit weak under the passenger front wheel. That's why you see it sometimes in the gif.

QuoteEsben,
Love it. Really nice work and presentation !
Color pallet works well everything seems to fit nicely.
Its a keeper in my book.
Tim

Thank you very much!

richardfunnell

If you have access to Photoshop CC 2014, they've added motion paths, which is a pretty big deal:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jkost/2014/07/550-using-path-blur-to-add-motion-blur-effects-along-a-path-in-photoshop-cc.html

Amazingly it also works on HDR images as well, so this may be a very good option if you don't want to shell out for the VirtualRig studio :)

edwardo

That looks pretty dang good. Annoyingly I'm sticking with CS6 which I bought just before cc came about (and wasn't allowed any kind of free upgrade). I hate adobe... they do nothing for smaller business, and have layed on their laurels for ages now. rant rant rant