Model tree structure difference of imported objects --- KeyShot 5.0 vs 5.1

Started by ohashi3d, November 06, 2014, 07:59:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohashi3d

Hi, I'm a Creo(Wildfire5.0) and KeyShot user.

I've noticed that model tree structure is different between KeyShot5.0 and 5.1, with same Creo model.

I made a simple Creo model for clarification...it's a plate and has "KeyShot" characters on it.
In Creo, this data has 2 quilts, i.e. "KeyShot" is 1 quilt, the characters "K","e","y","S","h","o","t" are isolated geometrically though.

KeyShot 5.0.99 can recognise 2 quilts properly...2 objects are shown in the model tree when imported.
but KeyShot 5.1.57 shows different behaviour...10 objects are shown!
All isolated geometry are treated as another objects...it's very annoying for me!!
I think that KeyShot 5.0's importing method is suitable for my working style, in almost all cases...
I want the option setting for changing this importing behaviour in 5.1,
or objects in 1 quilt should be combined under the sub-group, at least...

Thanks in advance,
kyosen

thomasteger

Are you using the latest plugin that has been posted, or is this via direct import into KeyShot?

ohashi3d

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 06, 2014, 10:21:11 AM
Are you using the latest plugin that has been posted, or is this via direct import into KeyShot?

Hi,

My previous post is the case via direct import into KeyShot.

Now I've just tried KeyShot 5.1.57 + plugin 3.0 + Wildfire5.0 and found that it works fine about this grouping matter.
But unfortunately, one of great feature of KeyShot 5.X, "Render NURBS", is not still available via plugin...
I can also try Creo2.0/3.0, but not yet, as my daily work is still based on Wildfire5.0...

thomasteger

I updated the plugins this morning, can you try and check the latest from our site?

ohashi3d

Quote from: Thomas Teger on November 07, 2014, 10:07:04 AM
I updated the plugins this morning, can you try and check the latest from our site?

I've installed the plugin-3.2...oh, now we can get NURBS via plugin, thanks!

BUT, object grouping got worse!!
My sample data is renderd as a pure panel without no characters:)
It looks that plugin-3.2 can't recognize the colors of quilts in a Creo part file...see the 1st attached image in this post.

BTW, there has been completely different behaviour between 'import via plugin' and 'direct import with KeyShot ~5.0'.

In plugin case, the same color objects, which are different objects in Creo,
are forced to merge into one object in KeyShot model tree.
The 2nd attached image shows this...so, the plugin takes care of only colors.

In direct case, KeyShot ~5.0 cleverly recognizes different obejects with the same color in Creo.
The 3rd attached image shows this...so object distinction in Creo holds higher priority and color is optional,
in direct import case with KeyShot ~5.0.

...I definitely love the latter,  the behaviour like direct import with KeyShot ~5.0,
and it's more critical than NURBS support or not in plugin, at least for me.
I won't use the plugin and KS5.1.x itself until they support the 'right' object sensitive import mode as KS~5.0 described above :'(

KeyShot

Thank you for the feedback. We will likely revert the behavior of the plugin to match 5.0.