2014 KEYSHOT CONTEST: STORM TROOPER

Started by Doug Didia, November 12, 2014, 04:22:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Didia

Hi All,

KeyShot 4. Combined 3 different models from various sources. Dually truck, gooseneck trailer and a tractor. Created a dramatic moody backplate by combining 4 different photos. Post in photoshop. Started this idea yesterday and finished this afternoon, with about 12 to 14 hours worth of fun into it. Online models lack the level of detail I was looking for so adding some stuff to the trailer helped give it more life. I included the build pieces to give you an idea what I started with.

Thanks,

Doug

Adam_M

Another great entry Doug. I love seeing the workflow from concept to finished project.

Are you using an outdoor HDRI that you've found to closely match what the backplate is?

edwardo

Amazing shot - your process is great, particularly your photoshopping skills to make the backdrop then pull it all together in post.

Inspiring stuff
Ed

G.Pizzo

Nice work Doug
I really like the mood and lens draw for this shot.  You are a backplate magician.
Impressive!

GP

Doug Didia

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words and comments.

The HRDI used was an "outdoor" random find. I often open them up and retouch them, alter color and values in photoshop to suit my needs. Sometimes I get lucky...others not so good. Lol

George, "camera angles and lens draw" are your area of expertise after all of your years of amazing photography...so I will take that as a huge complement . Thank you!

Doug

feher

Nice work Doug !
You truly are the background master !
Thanks for sharing.
It's a keeper
Tim