Black screen when try to create Sun&Sky hdri

Started by dparcell87, November 20, 2014, 04:13:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dparcell87

Hey guys not sure if anyone has run into this problem , but yeah I am trying to add a physical Sun and Sky in HDRI editor and when I click "generate HDRI" my whole screen turns black and I can not figure out what I did to cause this to happen.  Anyone out there has any ideas please help! THanks

dparcell87

also How would I go about adding a light to simulate sunlight? again any help or resources would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

TpwUK

Hi dparcell87 - Your question is a little too ambiguous.

You say your whole screen goes black, do you mean the whole screen, just Keyshot's live renderer or the little screen used to generate the Sun & Sky map ?

Which OS are you using - Windows or OS X ?

Your processor is AMD or Intel ?

Please make things easier for us to offer any help

Martin

dparcell87

just the live renderer. I think I imported a model two big or something as soon as I imported my screen went black. Must have zoomed way out or something? How do I fix this.     Oh I am using windows 7.

TpwUK

Right - I think i understand what you have done ... When importing OBJ or other polygon mesh objects try this as it is very unlikely you have model too big for Keyshot

location = center geometry and snap to ground
Size = Automatic
Up Orientation = Y
Environment & Camera = Tick both options

If you are importing NURBS geometry then change Up Orientation to Z and Import NURBS data

Martin

dparcell87