Camera animation won't center on model

Started by Sandy, November 24, 2014, 01:56:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me out. I'm trying to follow the tutorial on the quick tips about animating my camera to orbit 360 degrees clockwise and my model to do a turntable 360 degrees counter clockwise in order to make it look like the environment is animated. I center my model and setup my camera as in the tut but when I check my animation the camera is not center on the model.

I've tried setting my camera to orthographic  and perspective I've also check my transforms from my modeling software and all is good. the model is a car and the camera interest is centering on the right front wheel for some reason and it should be on the center of the car body.

Any one know how to correct this issue or some other tip would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Sandy

TpwUK

Have you tried setting the 'look at point', Sandy ?

Martin

Sandy

Hey Martin,

I figured it out. I tried the look at tip and it did help somewhat, but didn't resolve the issue completely.

Turns out I had a ground plane that wasn't centered in the environment wasn't square and has hidden and was under the car model in the hierarchy. So when I was trying to center my model it was centering based on the oblong hidden ground plane - delete the ground plane re center the model and now it works perfect.

Thanks for the help, appreciate it.

Sandy