Main Menu

Meet: The Air Fleet

Started by mikedee, November 27, 2014, 11:01:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikedee

Preview of the work in progress for the catalog of planes produced and developed at Gatta Aerospace Industries. Brand new art for of the updated "Machines Of Adventure: Reconstruction".

- more to come, as usually ;-)

PS: Big big thank you goes to Keyshot licensing team, who helped me so much during my LA trip! You guys are awesome!

slater

I like it...if u posted with different famous name u could got many comments.
For me a little bit too much noise..but great image

mikedee

Hi Slater,

thanks for your comment! You might be right with the noise ... it is always tricky to keep the noise on the leash ;-)

> I like it...if u posted with different famous name u could got many comments.
What's the deal with different famous name? I am not sure what do you mean here. What's wrong with "air fleet"  or "mikedee" ?

slater

Nothing wrong with your names ;Di meant if you posted your thread work with others famous keyshot forum nicknames, for sure you got a lot of replies also if work was not good. Because i see a lot of nice and good thread works without comments and suggestions ..and many others silly thread work with many comments..that is

Speedster

Actually, I like the noise- it's a different approach and quite dynamic.  But I'm not clear as to if this is a cutaway or ghosted image, or if the fuselage actually looks like it has "missing" pieces?
Bill G

mikedee

OK, I got it.

Slater: well, that's the downside of any social media. This "tool" related forum is not excluded.
Thanks for the clarification anyway. In fact, I do enjoy any constructive conversation! Keep it up!

Speedster: Actually, this is a direct shot over the 360 HDRI environment. Guys at mi360 are just incredible. Yeah, this is a bit of an advert here ... I gave some of their DVD's to T of Keyshot, and as far as I remember, they are still in the discussion. I guess, stay tuned  ... meanwhile, they do support me. No reason not to love those German doctors and professors. Just google them ;-)
It is a WIP though ... there are indeed missing pieces. Being a designer, this image aims to represent target form language. So the more you say about the visual, the better it gets!

Thanks for all!

slater

Quote from: mikedee on November 28, 2014, 01:16:14 PM
Being a designer, this image aims to represent target form language. So the more you say about the visual, the better it gets!
Yes that's right!!,..without comments and suggestion...nothing happen to work image......more you say about visual and work..and better and better it gets ...100%
You got it..this is what a forum should be ....

feher

Great design,
But I'm having trouble figuring out some of the shapes.  I think a different angle will help alot to bring this design out more.
I personally feel you are losing alot of depth from the lighting you used.
Would love to see you push this more.
Thanks for sharing.
Tim

edwardo

This is nice - Im loving sic-fi concepts these days (working on one of my own). Its a great design with some nice forms going on, modelled very well by the looks of things. I think you could push the materials/textures a bit more, and I agree with Tim in that this particular shot tricks the eye a bit with whats going on (the back, nearside fin looks like its wrapping right over to the cockpit).

Would love to see a couple more shots of this. Straight up side and top views would describe the form I reckons.

Nice stuff
Ed

mikedee

Great feedback! Thanks a lot guys!

Josh3D

Really looking forward to more shots Mike. Personally feel the ground and FWD RH could use some deeper shadow work. Seems a challenging aircraft to capture all the detail!

edwardo

The more I look at this, the more i start to see some really nice shapes and curves! Love the back exhausts shape (its just like the front end of a speeder thing I'm working on), and I love some of the flowing panels - curvy yet faceted, kinda 'soft-stealth'. You definitely need to crank out a few more shots of this. I recon a hanger shot would look great!

Ed

TpwUK

QuoteThe more I look at this, the more i start to see some really nice shapes and curves! Love the back exhausts shape (its just like the front end of a speeder thing I'm working on), and I love some of the flowing panels - curvy yet faceted, kinda 'soft-stealth'. You definitely need to crank out a few more shots of this. I recon a hanger shot would look great!

Big +1 on the hanger shot - Over-exposed and with that classified grainy look to it :)

Martin

mikedee

Hangar is definitely in the pipeline ;-)

mikedee

And meanwhile ... the next experiment with this form language.