Bug for constrain proportions and issue with material saving

Started by Pupille, December 04, 2014, 04:40:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pupille

The bug I want to report applies to the constrain proportions checkbox in the scene tab along with image resize in the realtime view. Often, when I enter a new value for the realtime output, my proportions become distorted and the camera moves _although_ constrain proportions was previously checked. The workaround for this is to temporarily switch off constrain proportions and turn it on again. Then everything works as expected.
Another issue I have is saving custom materials. Sometimes it takes forever - I´m talking about up to more than five minutes. The workaround in this case is to pause the realtime render before saving. Then it happens almost instantly. I´m aware that the realtime render slows down everything else but I´m running on a coreI7 processor with 16 GB RAM, so saving a material shouldn´t take several minutes while it happens almost instantly when first pausing the render.
I hope, these issues will be solved in the next update.
Regards

Robb63

+100 on the saving custom materials issue. I'm saving to my C drive which is an SSD, and even with only a small KS file open it takes several minutes to save a custom material.

Rex

1. Does every material take a long time to save or only certain types?

2. Do the materials have textures and labels applied?

3. If so, are the textures/labels located on your local drive or a network drive?

Can either of you provide an .mtl file for a material that takes a long time to save so I can test on my machine and file with development?

Thanks

Pupille

Thanks for trying to help. This issue seems to be quite common from what I´ve seen on the forum.

To answer your questions:
- No, only materials with textures take a long time to save
- The materials do not have labels but still take a very long time to save (didn't test with labels)
- The textures are located on my local drive

I will provide a sample soon

jhiker

I too am having problems saving custom materials. Usually the screen whites-out and I see the 'not responding' message.
I have the latest version.

thomasteger

This issue has been identified and fixed for the next update.