Keyshot 2.1 New Materials Missing

Started by rossco, October 06, 2010, 07:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rossco

Hi

I've just updated my Keyshot 2 to 2.1 and can't find the new materials meant to be on offer.

Any ideas?

Thanks

guest84672

If you install and choose not to overwrite your materials you will not get the new materials. I suggest to make a backup of your material library, then install again and let KeyShot overwrite the material library. this will give you the new materials.

Speedster

Any other way to access the new materials?  I can't lose my 1668 materials, many client colors.  If I backup (always do anyway) and then install and overwrite, do I have to then import all of them again and create all new libraries?  There has to be an easier way, I hope!
Bill G

guest84672

We've added a few new separate groups like "lights" and "translucent". You could just take those and copy them into your existing material library and then move them back in place.

I know this is tedious. We will also post them on our website in the near future. And we will rework the whole thing for version 3.

jhiker

Quote from: Thomas Teger on October 06, 2010, 06:08:25 PM
We've added a few new separate groups like "lights" and "translucent". You could just take those and copy them into your existing material library and then move them back in place.

I know this is tedious. We will also post them on our website in the near future. And we will rework the whole thing for version 3.

...and if you use the upgrade patch rather than the full installer? You don't get the new material groups?

guest84672

Speedster

QuoteWe've added a few new separate groups like "lights" and "translucent". You could just take those and copy them into your existing material library and then move them back in place.

I sure can't find them.  I did an upgrade.  Are you saying we have to do a full install to get the new materials?  Not clear from your reply to jhiker.  I'll wait until the new materials are on the website.

Bill G

NormanHadley

Quote from: Speedster on October 07, 2010, 09:56:49 AM
QuoteWe've added a few new separate groups like "lights" and "translucent". You could just take those and copy them into your existing material library and then move them back in place.

I sure can't find them.  I did an upgrade.  Are you saying we have to do a full install to get the new materials?  Not clear from your reply to jhiker.  I'll wait until the new materials are on the website.

Bill G

I have the same problem.

kh

I used the full installer for another PC, then backuped new files in KeyShot Resources.("Light.mtl" "Translucent.mtl" "Circle_Light.tif" "Square_Light.tif"...)
And I used the upgrade patch for my main PC, then copied them.
This way is very troublesome, but this is a sure way.

jhiker

Quote from: kh on October 11, 2010, 05:06:07 AM
I used the full installer for another PC, then backuped new files in KeyShot Resources.("Light.mtl" "Translucent.mtl" "Circle_Light.tif" "Square_Light.tif"...)
And I used the upgrade patch for my main PC, then copied them.
This way is very troublesome, but this is a sure way.

Does that mean that if Keyshot (or anybody else  ;)) made these files ("Light.mtl" "Translucent.mtl" "Circle_Light.tif" "Square_Light.tif"...) available as a separate download(s)  we could simply drop these into relevant the resources folder and we'd be up-to-date.
How about it?

guest84672

Richman

Wow I didn't know I was missing new materials! with 2.1

I'm in the same boat.  Looking forward to a download to add them in.

JimiH

Did this get sorted out I too dont have the light emitting materials.

Ver - 2.1.20

Geoff

guest84672

Simply back up your materials, and then install KeyShot using the full installer.

Then move your materials back.