Import to current scene issues (KS5)

Started by kbova41188, December 11, 2014, 12:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbova41188

Hey guys,

I've been using keyshot for a little over a year and I love it but, since I have upgraded to KS5, I have been having trouble importing models/bip files to current scenes. I have not had this issue with KS4.

I currently have a completed scene with materials and labels assigned and I want to add another model to the scene.  When I click import and select the model (iges file), the import menu box doesn't have the option to "add to scene."  Is this a weird glitch or am I not doing something correctly?

I can import multiple models into a new KS5 that hasn't been saved yet but as soon as I save it and reopen it and try to import a new model to the scene, it doesn't work.

Thanks,
Kevin

thomasteger

can you post a screenshot of the dialog box?

kbova41188

Below is the dialog box after I have selected a file to import.

thomasteger

kbova41188

Yeah, you can see in the background I have 2 models already in the scene that are already setup.  Is there another way to import to the current scene?

thomasteger

This is very weird. Can you share the original seen with me, and the igs file you are trying to import? Send it all to thomas@luxion.com using keyshot.wetransfer.com.

Thanks, Thomas

kbova41188

Hi Thomas, I just sent a zipped folder with all that's needed to open the bip file.  Thank you very much for looking into this.

thomasteger

Downloading now. Why don't you import the ALIAS files natively?

thomasteger

I opened the bip. Then I click import and select the bottle. I'm getting the dialog that allows me to add to scene.

kbova41188

That is so strange. It still won't work for me.  Is it possible that it could be a permissions thing?  I had some trouble with permissions to read/write and had to change the settings for the materials, environments, and downloads.

thomasteger

I tried on both Mac and PC - and it works. Is it possible to do a screen recording and send it to me?

haprod

I just had the same "missing add to scene" problem too.

My workaround was that I imported a model to KS as a new project (the only option available because of this problem), then saved and closed the new project and reopened the original scene - then suddenly when I chose import from the menu the option "add to scene" was available again and I could continue.

kbova41188

I wanted to update everyone.  I updated keyshot 5 with the latest update (I believe it became available a few weeks ago) and everything works fine now. Thanks for all the comments and replies. I hope the update works for anyone else with the same issue.

Vito

I have the same problem. I just updated, tested and failed again. Is there anything else I need to switch on/off?
With other geoemtry I do not have this problem  :-[

guest84672

Vito - can you describe what the problem is? What do you mean you don't have the problem with other geometry?