Main Menu

Wooden Lambo

Started by abedsabeh, August 14, 2015, 01:10:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abedsabeh

A small scale wooden Lamborghini that I did a while ago using zBrush. Rendered in KS6 using only area lights.

Abed

Despot

First a burnt Microphone, now a burnt car... you're not having pyromaniacal tendencies are you Abed  ;)

abedsabeh

Quote from: The Metal Master on August 14, 2015, 09:54:43 PM
First a burnt Microphone, now a burnt car... you're not having pyromaniacal tendencies are you Abed  ;)

:) Yes, I was on fire, and I started to burn things digitally. Maybe I should start melting things now :)

Speedster

QuoteMaybe I should start melting things now

A "Dali Lambo"?  That's scary!  My mom knew Salvador Dali, which is even more scary!  I can see it now- a "Melting Watch"...

Bill G

jhiker

Quote from: Speedster on August 15, 2015, 07:55:23 AM
QuoteMaybe I should start melting things now

My mom knew Salvador Dali...

You can't just leave it there... how the heck did they meet?

Speedster

Quotehow the heck did they meet?

She met Dali at a Halloween party in New York.  It was in the 1930's, and she was a young professional artist and MGM "starlet".  As she described it; "with great fanfare and blowing of trumpets, the door opened and six pall-bearers entered carrying a coffin.  They placed it on a dais, opened it, and Dali sat up twirling his famous mustache". Great round of applause- he was a master showman.

But most people don't know that he was also a highly skilled and trained classical painter, long before he found his weird vision and, of course, the Surrealist Movement.  Mom said she liked his work because he was one of the few artists she ever knew (and she knew many) who could "paint the fuzz on a peach".  Once you have mastered your art, you can successfully go in almost any direction, as you are grounded as an artist.

An interesting parallel is the Mastery that Abed has so consistently shared with us!  Always amazing, whatever direction he takes...

Bill G

Chad Holton

Awesome story, Bill. Thanks for taking the time to share it, as I was curious how they met as well.

Love the lambo, Abed. I always enjoy looking at your work.

edwardo

Ha! cool story. The mind boggles at what went on in those times at these parties - I bet it makes the 'swinging 60's' seem like a WI knitting group!

QuoteBut most people don't know that he was also a highly skilled and trained classical painter

Same with Picasso, I have a nice book of his work (drawings mostly) from when he was basically a child (8 - 14 yrs). Holy shit that kid could draw!

Abed: your work is weird and wonderful, as always.

E