NEED HELP! lighting issues

Started by WKSouthwest, December 12, 2014, 04:21:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WKSouthwest

I am currently working with excavator buckets, and i apply a steel material.
My problem lies with lighting, the inside of the bucket is too dark compared to the outside, but increasing the brightness doesn't work..
How do i get rid of any darkness within an object, while still maintaining a full color of the object, especially with reflective objects with materials like metals.

Please help :)

Thank you in Advance!

Ed

I would start by modifying the material settings for the metal that makes up the interior of the bucket.  Hopefully your model allows you to assign a different material to the bucket interior.

Try a lighter color for the interior, or increase the gloss of the metal.  If you can assign a different material to all four walls, try making the wall that is hidden a chrome material.  That may reflect some light onto the other walls.

Or, you can try adding a "pin" to your HDR environment via the HDR editor to specially light the bucket interior.

If all the above fails, you can render in three passes and compose in Photoshop.  Lock your camera.  Pass#1 = your main render.  Pass#2 = move the HDR environment so the bucket interior receives light.  Pass#3 = clown pass.

In Photoshop bring in and layer all three passes.  Use the clown layer to select the Pass#2 bucket interior and compose this lighter version onto Pass#1.

Ed Ferguson

WKSouthwest

Thanks a lot! you've been a great deal of help! :)
Waldo