keyshot not finding decals from another computer on network

Started by fletch1971, December 15, 2014, 01:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fletch1971

Hi guys

have had this problem for a versions of keyshot, but finally getting around to posting the problem.

we have keyshot on a few stations on our network. problem is if one person makes a render on one station and then another person on another station opens it, none of the decals/textures etc show up on the model. we have to then go and relink them. obviously this take time to redo it...over and over if we are making revisions and updates. Each station uses the same mapped network path D:/
to link to our library.

anyone know how we might solve this?

thanks

mitch

thomasteger

Did you set the shared folder under Preferences inside KeyShot?

fletch1971

Hi Thomas

i had not done that. i didnt know which folder to choose for the labels, so i just added the root folder we use to MATERIALS.

when it restarted it found a list of incompatible files (fonts, AI and EPS etc) then crashed...and crashed and keeps on crashing...how do i roll back this state?

*also what is the correct folder we add a shared folder to as MATERIALS keeps crashing?

fletch1971

Hi Thomas

i need an URGENT reply on this

Keyshot continues to crash - i have now uninstalled and reinstalled Keyshot to find that the shared folder has not been deleted from the preferences and as a result still crashing Keyshot.

how to i manually remove that added folder??

thanks.

Chad Holton

Hi Mitch,

Try this:

Move (not copy) your KeyShot 5 resource folder to your desktop (for backup). The reinstall KeyShot 5 full version. If you are using the node locked version, your license will be in the resource folder on your desktop, so just point there if it asks.

Once KeyShot is running, just move your custom materials, scenes, etc. back into your resource location. Though, it sounds like any custom textures and such is located on your network.

As for your original question - are the users placing their non-custom textures and such on the shared location or just locally? It may not hurt to save the projects as KSP files in the meantime - this will at least save users the time of replacing the labels, textures, etc (since the KSP saves everything).

Chad