Utilizing Backplates with No Matching HDRI

Started by blessid, December 18, 2014, 12:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blessid

Hello!

I'm sure like most Keyshooters out there, on the odd occasion I find an image that I would love to use as a back plate but there is no matching HDRI environment to accompany it (lonely violin plays in the background).

What is the key to creating great images when using your own backplates in conjunction with a non-matching HDRI? What must I consider to ensure my backplate fits in snuggly with the given lighting settings of my environment? (e.g. The exposure of my image perhaps? The colour temperature? The direction of my light sources?...)

Thanks a bunch,
Luke

Nils Piirma

Quote from: blessid on December 18, 2014, 12:33:57 AM
Hello!

I'm sure like most Keyshooters out there, on the odd occasion I find an image that I would love to use as a back plate but there is no matching HDRI environment to accompany it (lonely violin plays in the background).

What is the key to creating great images when using your own backplates in conjunction with a non-matching HDRI? What must I consider to ensure my backplate fits in snuggly with the given lighting settings of my environment? (e.g. The exposure of my image perhaps? The colour temperature? The direction of my light sources?...)

Thanks a bunch,
Luke

you can try my method:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnPJVgYTYpg