Gold stamping on glass

Started by Finema, December 22, 2014, 08:28:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finema

Hi,
I would like to put a gold stamping (just a gold logo) on a wine glass containing liquid.
At this time, i try to duplicate my glass and give a texture in alpha but that's don't match.
Can you tell me the way ?
Thanks

Esben Oxholm

Have you tried adding the gold stamp as a decal?

Finema

What do you mean by "decal" ?
thanks

Finema

If i use decal (label > logo in PNG with transparent background) i can't put a gold texture.
I can modify the aspect with Contrast and Specular but it don't do the job and the decal don't seem to be glossy gold.
thanks

Rex

Hey Finema,

Try duplicating the outer surface of the glass and changing to the desired gold material. Now apply the label as an opacity map. You may have to increase the scale of the outer surface by a very small amount so there is no z-fighting.

Hope this helps.

Rex

Finema

jeffw

A plan B would be to model the logo as a separate surface right on the glass in CAD. I did it here and it worked well.

I found using the liquid material in KeyShot did not give very good results for the wine however. It did not have the correct color saturation. Taking the transparency down brought more color but made it too bright. Using paint or plastic produced better results.

Finema

Thanks jeffw
modeling the logo in CAD and project it on the surface of the glass ?
OK !
Must i extrude the logo or thickness ?

jeffw

I did extrude the logo out .002 of an inch and the wine solid is contracted .002 inch from the glass. I was getting small visual anomalies in KeyShot when they were on the exact same surface as the glass. All modeling was done in SolidEdge.

Finema