Main Menu

Additional Effects

Started by Ed, October 08, 2010, 09:39:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed

The new Effects in ver 2.1 work very well.  It's nice to be able to add that extra image quality without resorting to post work in Photoshop.  Additional effects to consider:

White Balance - For situations where the HDRI creates a color cast you wish to eliminate.  This would expand the number of usable environments.

Camera Flash - Yes, photographers generally try to hide the effects of the flash, but in certain scenes it can add a new dimension of realism.

God Rays - Another nice effect if used properly.

Lens Flare - Also a nice effect if used properly.  Could really enhance jewelry renders.

HDRI Blur - Adding a wind blur to the HDRI can prevent recognizable objects (like kitchen windows) from appearing in reflective objects like cars and jewelry.  This would expand the number of usable environments.

Add Watermark - Add a pre-defined transparent layer or label to the image (not the object) such as a watermark, company name, or logo. This could be a default file defined in preferences with a checkbox to enable in the realtime tab.

Ed

martinsiegrist

Yeah a watermark layer would be great!

Finema

LayC42

Quote from: Ed on October 08, 2010, 09:39:54 AM
HDRI Blur - Adding a wind blur to the HDRI can prevent recognizable objects (like kitchen windows) from appearing in reflective objects like cars and jewelry.  This would expand the number of usable environments.

I'm happy with some post work - why not? It's no unusual work for a photograph. An since PS is able to load and save a HDR then all regular PS effects can have an effect to the render. Or didn't I think the wrong way?

My intention is not to render images without post. That's nice but not necessary - just my thoughts

guest84672

You can blur the HDRI in the HDRI Editor (Pro).