Tips?

?
0 (0%)
?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Marcos Jorquera

Hey guys,
I need somebody's opinion. I dont know what but, something is leaving the image fake. Does anyone have any tips?
Tanks

edwardo

Hi Marcos. In my opinion it is a combination of a few things that 'trick' the brain into thinking an image is real. Firstly, the lighting environment has to match the backplate (it looks like the reflections on your car are from an indoor environment) - the closer the match, the higher the realism. Secondly, the materials have to be right (yours all look pretty good except for a few diffuse pieces i can see, headlamp recesses for example). Thirdly, scale and perspective and camera width need to match the backplate image (yours look ok to me at first glance). Finally, model quality and level of detail need to be right for the shot (your car looks slightly under detailed for this shot, but maybe its just that there are a few diffuse parts in headlamps and grill that throw me). Your main issue is definitely that the lighting environment is very different to the backplate image.

Hop this helps some
Ed

Marcos Jorquera

Hi Edwardo
My environment is really interior and the backplate is external. I happen to have a few environments in Keyshot. You know where I can download HDR`s? The library Keyshot is very limited. But you're right, my main problem is environmental combination with the backplate. Thanks for the help and if you know where to find HDR`s I'm grateful ...
Thanks!