Main Menu

Curro's Red Caddy

Started by Speedster, January 01, 2015, 01:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Happy New Year, fellow KeyShooters!

Thought I'd make my first rendering of 2015 the stunning 1953 Cadillac Eldorado that Tim introduced us to.  The model is by the awesome modeler/artist Curro Astorza, from Barcelona.

It's an absolute joy to work with a model of this caliber, and I hope I've done her justice!

I used my custom backplate, and added in the KeyShot Ground Plane, but with only a massively scaled "asphalt" bump map applied, no material.  My own HDR.

Bill G

Arian Shamil

Very very nice job! I love the car and the rendering too :)

feher

Love it !!!
The headlamps I would turn off. or try a different way to lite them.
IF you like send me the working psd and I can see what I can do with them. Then you can see how I might lite them in post.
The windshield need a tiny bit of reflection or something. Just need some shape to pull it out.
It's a keeper in my book.
Tim

Love the red on red

Speedster

Thanks as always, Tim!  I tweaked the lighting on the windshield and stripped it into the .psd, and also reworked the headlights. It just sort of dies without some light. I think this is a major improvement...
Bill G

feher

Hi Bill,
Looking better. Try this.
Cut out the headlamps and make that layer a color dodge. Then duplicate it and tone down the opacity to a level you like. Then make a blank layer and make it a overlayer. Take a soft brush and pick a yellow and brush in some glow hitting off the chrome and ground.
Also I just noticed your rear tail lamp is blue.... ???
Almost there.
Tim

Speedster

QuoteAlso I just noticed your rear tail lamp is blue....
Yikes!  Wrong planet!  I'll fix it.  I think I understand your headlamp fixes, and will give it a shot later.  Right now I'm trying to get my new 3D printer up and running...
Bill G

feher

Looks like someone was a good boy this year. Can you print me a 3d printer once it's up...lol

Speedster

QuoteCan you print me a 3d printer once it's up

Actually, Tim, you can-that's how they are designed- self-replicating!  Scary stuff!  But that's the joy of open source.  See my post at https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,9666.0.html.  It can even print upside-down!

I send out many $$$ a year in Rapid Prototypes, but never planned to get a machine as I use all formats, materials and the like.  But I think the Bukobot will be a great asset in the development process for quickies.  And quickies are important, as you know!

Bill G

slater

Great work Speedster!!and i like backplate too..