5.1.66 DEMO functionality issues?

Started by RawSunlight, January 02, 2015, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RawSunlight

Hi there and happy new year to you all

Hope I'm not being stupid, but I have a couple of issues with the latest demo, which you say should have full functionalty (except for the watermakrs on the renders)

1. I can't get a preview window or (watermarked) render any bigger than 1024x768

2. I can't get in to the HDRi editor, not on the thumbnail view (which doesn't ever display an Edit HDRi tag/button below it) or via the menu, (which is greyed out)

My spec, if it helps:

Keyshot 5.1.66 DEMO
Win 8.1
i7 3.2 Quad core / 24gb ram / 2x gtx 770 / 2x Asus 1980x1080 monitors
ZBrush 4r6 / obj exports, (but have also tested bips provided at start-up too, with no diff)

Will post on ZBrush Central also to see if anyone is having the same problems, as both of these problems are critical to my decision to buy when ZB 4r7 is released later this month

many thanks
Herman

Rex

Hey Herman,

Sounds like you have a demo of KeyShot HD not KeyShot Pro. Did you get the installer from the KeyShot "Try" Page? (https://www.keyshot.com/try/).

You can contact sales@luxion.com if you'd like a watermark-free demo license.

Thanks,
Rex

RawSunlight

Hi Rex,

Thanks for the quick reply
Looks like I have the Keyshot Pro demo already as the link you gave me has dl'd the exact same installer?
Interestingly, the installer isn't labelled as Pro or HD and the demo doesn't tell me either when I check the 'About' splash or the 'Show License Info' box?! Is there an option once the install starts? Maybe I should uninstall and then start again?
None of this is really inspiring confidence in me now, sadly :(

Also forgot to mention that I can't save anything (all 3 options are greyed out), which means I have to start everything from scratch with each test... which is starting to make this 14 day trial feel very short.

Other things that are greyed out of the menus:
1. Match backPlate Perspective
2. Add to Queue (could be I need to set up a render sequence for that though?)
3. Render Nurbs (haven't tried importing any in though, so...)
4. Motion Blur (not sure if that only applies to animation, or whether it's something that you can add to anything?)
5. Stereoscopic settings... something I really want to try as my 3D monitor arrives in the next couple of days
6. Keyshot VR (i believe this is a  different version/reder engine again though, so expecting it to be so)
7. 3 more options on the Help tab, which make sense though, so no concerns there

thanks again
Herman

Rex

Herman,

The installer is identical for KeyShot HD and Pro. It is the license that differentiates it.

Please contact sales@luxion.com for a watermark free demo license.

Rex