Holographic surface / CD surface

Started by Tria K., January 07, 2015, 11:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tria K.

Hi everyone,

i ask you help. I need to simulate an holographic surface, like cd surface (see exemple : http://www.hlhologram.com/images/2D%203D%20Hologram/holograph.jpg).

the thing is it will be animated, so i can't fake with photoshop.

I try with an anistropic material with advance mode 2 like it's said in docs, but i can't obtain the look.

Anybody have tried ? or some tricks ?

thx !

Rex

Hey Tria,

In order for the anisotropic radial mode to show the effect the two roughness values cannot be the same. Also keep in mind that the effect is dependent on the environment applied to your scene. The more colorful the environment, the more colors you'll see in the reflection.

Hope this helps,
Rex

soren

The anisotropic material cannot simulate holographic materials. The "anisotropic" part refers to the surface roughness which can be anisotropic. Holographic stickers for example have colors that shift depending on the viewing angle and is complex to simulate and cannot be done accurately in KeyShot at the moment.

You might be able to achieve something you can use by using the "Color Gradient" in KeyShot 5.1 and set gradient mode to "Camera". Then the texture will then be coloured depending on viewing angle. This will not be a correct simulation of a CD surface or hologram though, but it might be enough for your specific application.

Tria K.

Hi,

thank you for your answers.

Unfortunatly i don't have keyshot 5 (i have 4.3). Anyway, i've tried to combined an anistropic material mode 2 for radial reflection with the thin surface (like bubble) for the dispertion.

Here the test. First is the flat Holo and the second i try with tiny triangles to simulate some deep.
I think i will fake the Highlight with after effect, because it can't be done.

Thx all ^^.