Main Menu

interior room

Started by satish gobind, January 19, 2015, 09:12:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satish gobind

this is my first interior rendering in keyshot

Will Gibbons

Pretty nice! Might be cool to get more contrast on the light being cast across the actual interior. (not sure if this is breaking major rules when it comes to accurate lighting, but) You could add a plane or two where you need them, apply an area diffuse light material, then uncheck 'visible to camera' and bump up the contrast.

Just a thought.

Josh3D

Hi Satish, welcome to the KeyShot forum! Great work, very luxurious feel.  Love the textures and in particular how the light looks across the floor.

feher

Welcome and thanks for sharing ! This is looking good. Keep pushing it.
Tim

satish gobind

@ willgibbonsdesign
Thank you so much for ur feedback i tried to increase the contrast but it gives a blue look were it affects the reality of the scene .and i didnt use any area lighting in the scene since boc i am new to keyshot still exploring things ,if u have any lighting tutorials for keyshot pls do share my friend thankyou !

satish gobind

@josh3d,
thanks a lot for your comments ,this really motivates me , i didnt use any extra lighting in the scene other then the hdri lighting i increased the brightness of the hdri to 10 ! and i was able to get illumination throughout the floor !

satish gobind

@ feher
thankyou and pls do share ur thoughts and feedback always !

rfollett

This looks great! I have always struggled with interior lighting in KS - Would love to see a scene setup screen shot?

yusuf74

Quote from: satish gobind on January 19, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
this is my first interior rendering in keyshot

It's awesome, nice job done dude. If I am interior designer, then I am going to try this out - attempt it anyway.

Will Gibbons

Quote from: satish gobind on January 20, 2015, 07:15:50 PM
@ willgibbonsdesign
Thank you so much for ur feedback i tried to increase the contrast but it gives a blue look were it affects the reality of the scene .and i didnt use any area lighting in the scene since boc i am new to keyshot still exploring things ,if u have any lighting tutorials for keyshot pls do share my friend thankyou !

No prob. Just a suggestion. I've not done much in the way of interiors, so I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Just thinking out loud. You probably got the blue cast because when you bump contrast, it's bumping the contrast of the HDRI. If you edit the HDRI, then turn down saturation a bit, you will minimize the blue. My main point is that you probably just need some supplemental lighting, regardless of how you decide to achieve that. You can create a new HDRI, or just add more pins to the current one. There should be some tutorials on the Keyshot website. You'll have to look over them to find what you're looking for but there are some that cover lighting I'm sure. As the other said, explore and see if you can push it!

ggibbon

Really great job.
Would love to see a tutorial on this or any
other interior setups

Arian Shamil

It's always nice to see interior renderings done with Keyshot! :)
Good job!