Need Help! Liquid in glass rendering!

Started by azmin, January 26, 2015, 04:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmin

Hi!
I have been trying to render liquid (olive oil) in a glass bottle. I am using the keyshot (demo) wine glass scene as reference, but not achieving the depth/translucent effect even after applying dielectric materials as recommended in the wine glass scene. (Am using the 'conference room' environment to generate some interior-like highlights/reflections on the glass) Any suggestions wrt lighting/material? Am attaching a render of what I have achieved yet. I have to stick to this front view/angle for rendering. Any help would be much appreciated!
Thank you!!
Azmin

azmin

Here is another attempt! Using the Materials 2K HDRI Environment this time, have added pins to get the highlights. Still struggling to not burn out the cap among other things.

Tried an alternate approach to splitting the model into different layers/materials - here I've made the glass a complete solid and the liquid is another solid inside it with a gap of 0.2 mm between the two. Any suggestions on what approach to separating the materials in the model works better? Is it better to have a single surface as the liquid-glass interface instead of one solid inside the other?

And any tips on lighting? How do I get some of sort of light going through the liquid to illuminate it better?
Would much appreciate any help!!

Thank you!
Azmin

Rex

Hey azmin,

Take a look through this post as it has a lot of great information pertaining to your situation.

https://www.keyshot.com/forum/index.php/topic,5263.0.html

Regards,
Rex

azmin