Main Menu

Conan Camera

Started by LD Rendering, January 27, 2015, 05:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LD Rendering

I wanted to share this shots i've recently made. Hope you like it! All critics are welcome. Rendered in Keyshot 5.

Rex

Hey LD thanks for sharing! The materials look nice but I think the lighting could use a little more pop. maybe try positioning a point light with a little warmth above the camera?

OK

Looks nice! Did you model it yourself? I think adding the lines on the zoom ring and the focus ring is quite important to get the correct look. You probably don't even have to model it, just solve it with a bumpmap.
Also you might want to look at the textures of the materials. The texture you used on the grip could be a bigger scale. I found this picture where you can see the textures clearly:

LD Rendering

Quote from: Rex on January 27, 2015, 08:29:26 AM
Hey LD thanks for sharing! The materials look nice but I think the lighting could use a little more pop. maybe try positioning a point light with a little warmth above the camera?
Thanks for the advice! I tried adding warm lights but as it is an studio render i thought it may not be correct

LD Rendering

Quote from: OK on January 27, 2015, 09:02:35 AM
Looks nice! Did you model it yourself? I think adding the lines on the zoom ring and the focus ring is quite important to get the correct look. You probably don't even have to model it, just solve it with a bumpmap.
Also you might want to look at the textures of the materials. The texture you used on the grip could be a bigger scale. I found this picture where you can see the textures clearly:

Thanks! I didn't model it, and I used the textures included with the model. I wanted to make the bump lines with a procedural (Textures weren't included) But i couldn't. I'm working on that.

PhilippeV8

The question is ... why Conan ??

I recently got myself a second-hand Canon 550D ... or T2i for the American fowlks.  Love it.