Maintaining Scale on Import

Started by Rikc, February 28, 2013, 04:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rikc

Hi there,

I'm trying to put a rendering of a stationery set together. I have modelled each stationery item individually (100% scale), imported them into KeyShot4 individually, added materials / labels individually. I now want to import all the separate items into one scene. This is where I hit problems; I can't import the items so they all appear at the same scale.

I've tried all the size options in the settings. In theory I should be using the import at original size right - this isn't working?

Is there a bug here, can somebody help please?

Cheers,

Rik

guest84672

Make sure that you select "KEEP ORIGINAL" under size under import. If this is not working for you please send us the file and we will take a look.

Rikc

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for getting back to me. I've doubled checked again, making sure 'keep original' is checked. If you import one Rhino file into a scene with another Rhino file it is fine.
If you import a keyshot file into another keyshot file they always come in at the same scale (and do not maintain their 100% scale).

I've attached two elements of the stationery set for your reference. Please note that the pencil should be longer than the height of the notebook when brought into the same scene.

Just a side issue (I think you're already aware of this), the mapping on cylinders isn't working properly.

Cheers Thomas,

Rik

P.S. I found a fix around the stationery set yesterday by manually rescaling each item once imported. Still not ideal.