A mixed bag of renders...

Started by Despot, February 06, 2015, 09:48:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Despot

Hey Guys

Not been active for a really long time, so here are a couple of renders that I think are worth posting - all rendered in KS 5.1

I would like to post more, but a lot of what I have is limited by an NDA

Cheers

J

Rex

Hey John!

Good to hear from you! Loving the curvature procedural on that table! Thanks for sharing

Despot

Hey Rex

Thanks, Curvature, quite surprisingly was also used to texture the Teddy Bears fur

J

slater

Very very nice shot metalmaster! Impressionant  realism!!!!!
Should be possible to share those scenes..could be helpfull for all, to learn how to setup material and scene.
Its possible?
Thanks

guest84672

Great to hear from you again. Awesome work.

Josh3D

Great to hear from you and love seeing your new work.

feher

Your work always impresses me. Your material creation is some of the best out there.
Thanks for sharing glad to see some of your work again.
It's a keeper
Tim

guest81576

Amazing. Love it all. Need to try that curvature procedural!

edwardo

QuoteYour work always impresses me. Your material creation is some of the best out there.
Thanks for sharing glad to see some of your work again.
It's a keeper
Tim

I would add to that and say that I'm always impressed by your use of DOF - you always nail it! Do you have a photography background? I know a few photographers who have recently(ish) moved into rendering, and they all have a much better eye than any straight up 3D people I know. Makes me think I should try and replicate some nice lenses and save them as keyshot cameras.

Anyway... how do? long time no posts. Liking that metal dungeons and dragons type dice!

Ed

Chad Holton

Where you been hiding, J? Glad you're back.  All these look great. Lovin' the table!  :)

Despot

QuoteShould be possible to share those scenes..could be helpfull for all, to learn how to setup material and scene.

Thanks Slater, unfortunately I cannot share those scenes for a couple of reasons... sorry.

QuoteWhere you been hiding, J? Glad you're back.  All these look great. Lovin' the table!

Thanks Thomas, Josh and Chad...

QuoteYour work always impresses me. Your material creation is some of the best out there.

Thanks for the kind works Tim, means a lot coming from you...

QuoteI would add to that and say that I'm always impressed by your use of DOF - you always nail it! Do you have a photography background? I know a few photographers who have recently(ish) moved into rendering, and they all have a much better eye than any straight up 3D people I know. Makes me think I should try and replicate some nice lenses and save them as keyshot cameras.

Anyway... how do? long time no posts. Liking that metal dungeons and dragons type dice!

Hey Ed, 'how do' to you mate, things are OK - no point complaining because nee bastard listens ;) thanks for the DOF compliment mate, and no I don't have photography experience as such, in fact my background is Web Design and before that Systems Administration (Unix based).... perhaps I have an 'eye' for stuff, who knows - take care Ed, J

QuoteAmazing. Love it all. Need to try that curvature procedural!

Thank you, Curvature is very powerful and can be used in a myriad of ways...

Arn

Quote from: The Metal Master on February 20, 2015, 10:23:58 AM
Thanks Slater, unfortunately I cannot share those scenes for a couple of reasons... sorry.
In that case, could you maybe elaborate on your approach and the details of how you did it? I feel there are a couple of lessons in there :)

slater

Quote from: Arn on February 20, 2015, 07:40:35 PM
Quote from: The Metal Master on February 20, 2015, 10:23:58 AM
In that case, could you maybe elaborate on your approach and the details of how you did it? I feel there are a couple of lessons in there :)
Should be really helpfull ..if you could learn with image as less, material setup or the approach to it..otherwise Everything is very vague, It seems almost that you do not wish to explain the procedure, so no one can play it, or improve it...or learn it and use to improve render work.

Despot

QuoteIt seems almost that you do not wish to explain the procedure, so no one can play it, or improve it...or learn it and use to improve render work.

It is my prerogative as to whether or not I want to share my rendering techniques on this forum. In case you hadn't noticed this is the 'Gallery' part of the forum, where final renders are posted, not the 'Tutorial' section - if indeed there is one.

If I want to explain my KeyShot workflow, then I will, If I don't, then please respect that.

J

slater

Ok no problem..you have reason..i will try by myself( i think to have respect to everyone on here, i thought forum prerogative was to show and to demonstrate and help all users in to keyshot use..but no problem is ok)
Regards