Main Menu

Morgan Plus 4

Started by Beppemoth, February 12, 2015, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beppemoth

Hello guys! I started recently to use Keyshot it and I'm having a lot of fun exploring this powerful tool. This is my second attempt at an automotive rendering. I've tried a studio setup at first but I wasn't quite happy with it, so I tried an external scene and I think it's better. Of course comments and critiques are heavily welcome!

richardfunnell

Beautiful!! Keep 'em coming :D

slater

Very nice work, i love older model. Just push it more, i would like to see on first pic with less photographic effects..and maybe without tire floating, with more weight.
Thumb up guy

Beppemoth

thank you guys! slater, I tried to recreate all the imperfections that can occour in real-life photography, like flares, chromatic aberration, grain and stuff like that, to make it look a bit more real but don't know if I've pushed it a bit too much.. I'm not quite sure about what you mean by saying without tire floating

Speedster

I'm not quite sure about what you mean by saying without tire floating

It's a problem almost all of us face. The tires usually sit right up on the very tangency of the diameter, without showing the weight of the car compressing them a tiny bit.  Some model a "bulge" and a small flat that sits on the ground or ground plane.  I usually use a small flat only, as bulges are difficult in SolidWorks.

But you can import a ground plane, or add in the KeyShot ground plane, and then very carefully move it up a tad to just "sink" the tires into the ground.  You don't have to show it as such.

Personally, I love the look you captured in the first image, as it reminds me of the many car shots I took back in the early 1960's with Kodachrome and my Brownie Bullseye 120 camera!  Aberrations, fading and all!

Bill G