Rhino live link tessellation issue

Started by thomseal, February 28, 2017, 05:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomseal

When I use live link to open a model directly into keyshot from rhino, I have some tessellation issues. I am not sure how to control mesh setting when going directly from rhino to keyshot. I can switch to "render NURBS" and that fixes the tessellation but drastically slows down rendering.

I've been able to re-import bodies by saving them out at 3dm first, but that breaks the live linking.

Windows 10
Rhino 5
Keyshot 6.3.23

bdesign

Hey thomseal-

You can adjust the mesh settings in Rhino under Tools > Options > Mesh. The default setting is "Jagged & Faster". You can change it to "Smooth & Slower", or use the "Custom" option, which offers both a simple Density slider and Detailed controls. These settings can be changed and updated without breaking the live linking. Attached are some example renders at various Rhino mesh settings.

Cheers,
Eric

Robb63

Hey thomseal,
I typically use these mesh settings for most consumer sized products. I also use this setting to export STL files for 3D printing.
If I need the mesh to be finer I make the "Maximum Distance Edge to Surface" number .001 I only use that if I have to as I find going that fine really slows things down, and makes much larger files.