Various renders (+ Banner Designs)

Started by Magnus Skogsfjord, July 28, 2014, 04:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnus Skogsfjord

I think I found the model on turbosquid which is edwardos profile picture (apologies if this is a repost). Anyway, was just playing around with it in KS6 for an NX-tutorial, and I thought I'd share an image. Merged two passes: Beauty and shadow. Single metal material using material graph. For the shadow pass, I used a toon material (2nd image).

Edit: Added the material graph and HDRI if anyone would be interested.

Despot

I think that is actually Edwardo  ;) (sorry Ed)

Nice comp Magnus :) it's got that bronzy/brassy look going on

J

Magnus Skogsfjord

If so, that would make a mighty impressive visualization veteran ;)

Thanks J!

Josh3D

This turned out fantastic Magnus. Thanks for the breakdown as well.

jhiker

You guys will have to stop posting work from KS6 - it's making the rest of us feel inadequate!

Seriously, when's it coming....  :-\

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Josh Mings on August 10, 2015, 08:04:01 AM
This turned out fantastic Magnus. Thanks for the breakdown as well.

Thanks Josh. I'm glad you liked it!

Quote from: jhiker on August 10, 2015, 08:19:27 AM
You guys will have to stop posting work from KS6 - it's making the rest of us feel inadequate!

Seriously, when's it coming....  :-\

But when it comes, you're gonna have a blast. Anything I've ever missed (and stuff I didn't know I missed) finally comes together.

E.Sirbu

Magnus Skogsfjord

edwardo

Ha! Thats the fella. Miserable looking old bastard, innit? Your renders look great - this model works well with the curvature material!

QuoteI think that is actually Edwardo  ;) (sorry Ed)

Thanks Jon, Im only 37, but rapidly heading towards this old girner!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: edwardo on August 11, 2015, 05:45:17 AM
Ha! Thats the fella. Miserable looking old bastard, innit? Your renders look great - this model works well with the curvature material!

Yes, either utterly miserable, or gravity has prevailed in his physical appearance. Might be a cheery chap. Great model yes! I like that it came with several levels of details. Thanks!

Magnus Skogsfjord

Been a while. Here's a very small texturing exercise (SRAM Ceramic Bearing Rear Derailleur Pulleys) without particularly interesting geometry. Still, striving to get that stunning ground material, inspired by mr.Oxholm & Dries.

NX10 + KS6 | No post. 35min rendering time (product setting).
Grab the geometry if desired => https://grabcad.com/library/sram-ceramic-bearing-rear-derailleur-pulley-1

Esben Oxholm

Quote from: Magnus Skogsfjord on January 20, 2016, 05:31:57 AM
Still, striving to get that stunning ground material, inspired by mr.Oxholm & Dries.
It is great to be an source of inspiration :)
I think you did really great on that ground material. It looks awesome!

TpwUK

I think your ground material sings Magnus :) The ceramics look pretty cool too. Again your DOF is pretty darn good too. Would have been quicker to just type nice lol !!

Martin

Magnus Skogsfjord

Quote from: Esben Oxholm on January 20, 2016, 06:31:45 AM
It is great to be an source of inspiration :)
I think you did really great on that ground material. It looks awesome!
Yea well, you certainly are:) Thank you!

Quote from: TpwUK on January 20, 2016, 06:32:13 AM
I think your ground material sings Magnus :) The ceramics look pretty cool too. Again your DOF is pretty darn good too. Would have been quicker to just type nice lol !!
Hah, appreciate that, Martin:) Thanks!

BTW, just in case anyone has missed it, loving the fact that Photoshop CC now got a built-in normal map creation tool.

Josh3D

Absolute perfection. Love it.