Can't get NR9 to connect

Started by mattjgerard, November 06, 2019, 08:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattjgerard

After some messing around, I got NR installed on my single computer for network rendering. Seemed like I had to start and restart service a lot before the Monitor on that computer would find and connect. Tried all different combinations of manager hostnames and ports, my preference was to just let everything auto-detect, but that didn't seem to work for about 2 hours of tinkering, then finally it took and is now still connected.

But.

On my local workstation, I cannot for the life of me to get the monitor to connect to the manager. I have the IP address of the NR node, I've tried autodiscovery and using my own manager hostnames and ports, always making sure they match. I hgad KS8 NR up and running successfully, but I can't seem to get the monitor on my machine to recoginze the NR master on the other machine and connect. Both installs were done over the last 2 days, so should be compatible versions. Not sure what I'm doing wrong or how to get past this. I did leave the boxes ticked in the installer to use the proper firewall settings and stuff.

mattjgerard

Figured it out, the port numbers were not updated in the NR setup config. My defaults were 4800 and 4801, but the manual stated they should default to 4807 and 4808. Its all working well now, and even submitting KS8 projects to NR9.

Justin A

I'm glad you where able to get that situated.  If you ever have any issue you can contact us direct at Support@luxion.com