Fastest Jeep on Earth....lol

Started by feher, March 04, 2015, 12:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feher

This Jeep is FAST and sounds great when started.
Grand Cherokee SRT.
White paint is one of the hardest colors to do in the CG world. I have seen a lot of white paint CG images that looks more like light silver, or dirty/muddy white, or it's so white they loose the body lines of the vehicle.You always have to keep that in mind when creating your lighting. The main reason why we are making the image is to showcase the design and styling of the vehicle. If you don't see the lines, then you have to keep working on it.
I created this to show even though its white I still was able to capture all the body lines of the vehicle. When using image base lighting you have to spend time to balance the HDR before using. You will be doing a lot of tinkering and small adjustments to dial it in.
My door is always open if you have questions.
View image full size to see all the detail

Thanks for stopping by.
Software Used:
Maya-3D data prep
Keyshot-Rendering solution
Photoshop-Post work

I just recently created a Facebook page for Feherfactor. Please take a look and like.
My goal is to share my knowledge I have acquired for the past 12 years in CG. Connect with others and learn a thing or two myself. I will be adding tips and tricks all kinds of fun stuff .....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FeherFactor-CGI-by-Tim-Feher/394218607424843

guest84672

slater

This is the real "spirit of a forum" TIM ..you wrote "My goal is to share my knowledge I have acquired for the past 8 years in CG.".
Many people should be as you..you are great help to entire keyshot users forum.
Thanks

feher

Quote from: slater on March 04, 2015, 02:34:30 PM
This is the real "spirit of a forum" TIM ..you wrote "My goal is to share my knowledge I have acquired for the past 8 years in CG.".
Many people should be as you..you are great help to entire keyshot users forum.
Thanks

Just trying to help. I've been having so much fun I didn't realize I have been doing this for 12 years not 8....lol

HLeandre

blender974

Arian Shamil

like always...stunning job!
and thanks about the spirits with you did your FB pages! :)

Adam_M

ohhhhhhhhhh I've seen this beefore  :o

Great work Tim!

Esben Oxholm

Really cool. I'll follow you instantly! Great lighting on the white cars indeed.

Despot

Hey Tim, I've driven one, my friend owned a carwash business which I sometimes ran for him... On the same day I also drove a Bentley Continental GT W12.

Lovely renders and you are correct about the 'white' issue... It's a balancing act between lighting environment and material

J