Main Menu

Test renders

Started by strunzo, March 08, 2015, 03:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strunzo

Hello folks, I'm currently testing key-shot to see how it renders my Sketchup models, I have to say It does a great job, I on the other hand will need to learn a lot more about this program to get better results. On a side note, I intend to make a model of an Art Deco stereo soon, so if anyone can point me in the right direction as to how to achieve the warm filament glow on an old valve globe, that would be cool.

Hope you like the renders, I like retro style art if you have not guessed.

Josh3D

Greetings! Welcome to the KeyShot forum. Great start. I think you'll be able to pick up a lot from the short tutorials and quick tips here: https://www.keyshot.com/learning/

Looks like you found the post with a filament example. He's using the 'Area Light' Material type there.

I love the retro look too. Looking forward to seeing more!

strunzo

Thanks Josh, these links will help me greatly. As to the filament example it would be great if there was a more focused tutorial on doing this, I used an area light diffused setting on my test bulb filament but could not get the same clear warm output that was achieved in the post I found, I suspect there is more to making this work than just the lighting maybe ?, either way I hope that the creator replies back to me with some information, this would be great for a novice such as me.

Magnus Skogsfjord

It amazes me what you guys can achieve with sketchup. Good job!

strunzo

Thanks mate, its a fun program to use but does have its limitations, I wish I had time to explore more complex programs like 3d max, cheers