Backplates

Started by Pedro_Julio, October 19, 2010, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedro_Julio

I'm trying this for the second time, because my original post spontaneously disappeared.

I have a keyshot 1.9 installed, AND I have version 2.1 installed.  I am trying to add my v1.9 materials, backplates, and environments to v2.1 by simply changing the my file paths under preferences.  Here's the thing though:  it seems the file paths are already setup to go to the v1.9 folders, but only the standard v2.1 files are showing up in the libraries.  And I can't add anything to those standard libraries because I can't figure out  1) where they are stored  and 2) why they are showing up in the library panes instead of the files that the file paths say should be there.

Dragging and dropping doesn't do the trick, and when I try to use the backplate LOAD button it doesn't load the file I choose.

I am really very stumped over this one.   Have I just confounded my system by having KS 1.9 and 2.1 installed at the same time?

guest84672

You need to right click into the tab and rescan the library. Will this fix it?

Pedro_Julio

Right clicking on the tab doesn't bring up an option menu.

I had been working on the Mac side, because that's my preferred OS, but I decided to switch over to Windows to see how that acted.  I almost never say this, but...everything on the Windows side works perfectly:  I can find all of the 1.9 and 2.1 folders and add new files.  All of the library panes are properly populated.  And the backplate LOAD button works just fine.  Just the Mac side acting up.

guest84672

ok right click in the library window itself. Then select rescan library. That should fix it.

Pedro_Julio

Bingo.  Don't know how I managed to not click in the window rather than on the tab.

Thanks Thomas