Mapping Tool Locked

Started by fusee, March 18, 2015, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fusee

Hello guys,

I would like to improve the mapping of my pill but the 'Mapping Tool" is always lock as you can see attach.

Someone no why and how to unlock it? :-X :-X

guest84672

What version of KeyShot are you running?

It looks strange since you should have the ability to "position" the texture when using the Planar Y mapping method. Have you tried to switch to box mapping?

soren

Note that you have to select the material by double-clicking on the object (either in the realtime view or the scene tree) in order for the mapping tool to be available. Editing the material by selecting it via the project materials list will disable mapping tool.

guest84672

Ah yes - thanks Søren. Forgot about that one.

fusee

Yes Soren it's exactly as you said now it's working very well ;) ;) thanks

Then I have more question.  :P
I'm trying to redo the Beats pill speaker So I'w wondering if you guy know how to solve the mapping defautl on the side. :-\

soren

You are welcome :).

To get the best result I think you will need to UV unwrap your model in your modelling software. Alternatively you might be able to get away with using a spherical mapping and scaling it a lot along the major axis of the speaker and tweaking the scale u/v parameters as well.

When you apply a texture think about it like you have a piece of paper you are trying to fit to your model - by wrapping the paper as a cylinder or sphere does not really fit well in you case, so for best results you will need UV unwrap (corresponding to cutting out the paper). The suggestion with the sphere is based on the motivation that you shape could sort of look like an ellipsoid, so by scaling the sphere you might get the shape to match up somewhat.

Hope that helps,
Søren