Zbrush tablet recommendation?

Started by Speedster, March 21, 2015, 01:31:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedster

Gulp!  Based on the great work I've seen here recently (Hi Marco!) I've decided to add Zbrush to my pipeline. I know it's a steep learning curve, but hey, so is sex!

Any specific recommendations as to a tablet?

Thanks!!!
Bill G

TpwUK

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro here Bill, highly recommended by many ZB'ers

Martin

Speedster

Thanks, Martin!  It's on order, as is Zbrush.  Gads, what I have gotten into?  Most friends tell me I should retire- no way!  Having way too much fun, and besides there's nothing like a nasty new app to keep the brain cells alive!  Saturday was our 42nd year in business...
Bill G

TpwUK

I am holding off ZB until they go true 64bit, 32bit version is way too crash happy for me on my hackintosh :P

Martin

kirk2345

it's crash happy on my  win-64 pc too,  including 64-bit version.  Still I don't know real Zbrush  replacement .

As of tablets,  I personally  find  Wacom Babmoo (bigger one) no worse than  Intuos,  no difference actually.  Have a strong suspicion that other tablets are also  all the same. 

MealeaYing

Its not crash happy, but because its doing far more with far less than most, if not all other programs it can do some interesting things at times, occasional crashes are one of them.
Being able to work with billions of polygons on a WinXP box with 4GB of ram is nothing to sneeze at (yes, this is possible and is even considered normal), and expecting any computer to cope with that sort of abuse without some issues is just amusing at best. Personally after using ZBrush nonstop for years now I find KeyShot to be the crashpoint, usually when it decides to use swap instead of actual memory 9or at least that what seems to be happening).
With the release of 4R7, (the one that supports KeyShot directly) there is a 64 bit version that is working beyond my wildest expectations.

Anyhow, I have a Wacom intuos 4 and its fantastic.

QuoteGads, what I have gotten into?
GRIN!
You have gotten into something that if you stick with it for even a month you will likely love for the rest of your life, ZBrush is magnificent, its a total blast to use, and its potential is absolutely limitless.