Navigatin / moving model

Started by waters, October 21, 2010, 06:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

waters

Shift / Alt + L mouse button does not seem to work for my Logitech Mouseball. I hope that that Shift / Alt + L mouse button works to move the model around the scene. I like what I have seen so far, but navigation, or manipulating the model is difficult. Is there a way to make the model fill the window? When applying textures I like to zoom in. In my CAD program I can define the center of rotation and rotate around that point. Very impressed that I was able to do in twenty minutes what would have taken 2 hrs. in my previous renderer. Being able to easily manipulate textures / materials is very handy. I look forward to easier navigation as soon as I get some tips

KeyShot

Alt + scroll will zoom into the model.

Right clicking anywhere on the model will allow you to set a look at point, which will become the new center of rotation.

Press 'k' to see all the keyboard shortcuts.

guest84672

Alt + wheel changes the focal length. You want to use Alt + L mouse button to dolly the camera and move it closer to the object.

In the camera tab, you can select the pivot point. Or use the right mouse button menu, and select "Look at" to set your pivot point.

Thomas