Materials not applying correctly

Started by spetty, March 23, 2015, 02:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spetty

I have Keyshot 5 and most of my materials work great, but I have some default and keyshot cloud materials that arent applying quite right to any given object. It might be something with my program/preferences because Im pretty sure they were working when I first installed, but then again, it doesnt happen with all of them. Some of the downloaded ones that arent working include: Kiwi Juice [example attached], Translucent UHMW polyethylene (UHMWPE), and Savanne Denim.

And some of the default materials have the same issue, but i noticed its usually with the bumps, including the Mold-Techs, and Leather [both attached]
With some mold-techs they look good up close, but when applying them their bump scale is always set to 1, for some that might be normal, but the thumbnails would lead me to believe they should be proportionally larger to the object?

And with leather [all default leathers] the bump is also always set to 1, but in this case the bump appears way too large. Setting it to around 15 looks normal.

After changing their settings and saving the material as new seems to fix it, but I'd rather not save new versions of all broken materials.

thanks for the help.

guest84672

It is most likely a matter of scale. You may want to experiment also wit the units you are using in the scene.

spetty

Changing the units didnt work. Its the default test material scene so it should work with default materials anyways right? And it wouldnt explain the issues with the first materials like kiwi juice. Maybe they dont work well with KS5?

guest84672

I just tried it myself. Looks fine. I noticed that your "Kiwijuice" doesn't have a texture assigned, but it shouldn't make that much of a difference.

spetty

Yea thats weird because i havnt changed it since I downloaded it or applied it and it immediately turns out my way, Ive even tried redownloading them multiple times, no luck.