Import NURBS problem

Started by lweisz, March 27, 2015, 01:37:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lweisz

Hello,
I'm using Keyshot 5, last update 5.2.10
I have a question: when I import a nurb model (from Rhino) into Keyshot, I don't have the choice for Tesselation Quality and Accurate Tesselation (see My import Nurbs windows versus Keyshot import Nurbs windows in attachement), why is that? ,are there some settings somewhere to get that?

Thanks for your help
Laurent

guest84672

Because there aren't any polygons in your model. You will need to shade your model in Rhino first prior to the export. This will give you access to the tessellation parameters.

lweisz

Hello,

I'm not sure to understand what you mean by "you need to shade your model prior to the export"?

Thanks for your help

guest84672

Shade the model inside Rhino so it generates the tessellation.

lweisz

Hi,

When I save the rhino file , I did saved the model under the Shaded mode. Is that what you mean, because if yes, it doesn't change anything when I import it...

lweisz

Can I send you my model, do you have Rhino? so you can have look. I would need a private email as it is confidential.
Thanks
Laurent

guest84672

guest84672

Sorry - I was confused. Rhino file already contain the tessellated information. KeyShot don't do any tessellation, unlike Creo, STEP, IGES et al formats.

If you want to change the number of polygons, you will need to change it inside Rhino.

lweisz

Ok thanks Thomas, I know what you mean.

Thanks for the help
Laurent

soren

Note that if you import NURBS data you can render those directly without tessellating your model in Rhino (if you have KeyShot PRO). It is slower, but much more accurate than using triangles.