Headlight chrome

Started by Alang7™, April 07, 2015, 08:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alang7™

Hello guys.

How i can make a headlight chrome effect like this:

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/07/10__04_51_43/Fara.jpgb9922746-f0f1-45a7-aa30-33c01a20d3a1Original.jpg

The render was made with V-Ray, original pic from TurboSquid.

Esben Oxholm

By adding the chrome material to the model.
Alternatively you can use the metallic paint material to have a bit more control over the final look.

Alang7™

I have used normal Chrome Polished from the library, but i don't like the effect.  :(

Esben Oxholm

Post a picture of it. It makes it so much easier to help.
What don't you like about it?

Also, remember when working with highly reflective materials (and any other material actually) that your lighting and environment plays a big role in the final appearance.

Alang7™

Here you can see ...

I know, too much effects on the photos, but you can see how the chrome looks unrealistic.

Esben Oxholm

I'm not sure I get what you think looks unrealistic and why.
Try to post a close-up render of the area.

Alang7™

I didn't understand what you mean.  :(

Esben Oxholm

Okay. What I'm trying to say is that I don't think your headlights look more or less realistic than the rest of the image. They might be a little blown out, but that's it.
In order to examine the headlights and chrome material, a close up render of a headlight would be nice. Just like the one you've linked to in your first post. Then it is easier to compare.

Also, try to put some words on what you exactly think looks unrealistic on your current render.