Any chance of some more materials?

Started by chippwalters, October 25, 2010, 10:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chippwalters

I know many users are former HyperShot users, and as such have access to the vast library of materials HyperShot had (not Shot). Unfortunately, I'm only a new KeyShot user and there seems to be too few materials to choose from. For instance, there's no Brass material.

Are there plans on updating the number of materials and material library? I read there's a materials rework in the works library, but until then it would be great if someone could post some new material files, especially a good brass one. Thanks!

jhiker

Surely it would make sense for us to share materials?

I think Thomas is planning to set up a 'sharing' header in the materials section.

See this topic....
http://keyshot.com/forum/index.php?topic=188.0

quigley

Yes I agree. This is something that has been talked about for a long time but nothing has been done yet. With regards to the Hypershot materials what is the situation with conversion of those to Keyshot materials? Can Luxion not simply post them?

Hey Thomas, how about a regular competition like Maxwell have for materials? Prizes of free upgrades to Pro? I'm sure you would get more entries than the Porsche render on Deelip's blog.....and it would all be in Keyshot  ;)

guest84672

HyperShot materials work inside KeyShot. No need to convert them. And no, we can't post them since we don't own them. This is about the only thing that BS owns.

Before we get serious about the whole material sharing thing, we need to make some changes on how we deal with materials. For example, you need at least the ability to easily move a material from one group to another. Work is in progress on this.